So, here is where I will log some of my beer adventures. Drink responsibly. Use resources like Uber, Lyft and Cabs to stay safe out there. 🙂
1) Sergio’s World Beers – The absolute best of craft and world beer destinations!! Cheers – Brian
Celebrating the birth of my 1st Grandchild !! Pauwel Kwak Brewed by: Brouwerij Bosteels Belgium Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale ABV: 8.40%
Sergio and me.
One of my favorite breweries – Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier
2) Mile Wide Beer Company – This place is great! Really good beer and great folks making it! Cheers to one of the newest breweries in town!!
Mile Wide Beer Co. – Taproom
Got the flight and a t-shirt
Me and Mile Wide Brewmaster Kyle
3) Old Louisville Brewery – a shout out to the great folks making great beer in the St. James Neighborhood. Cheers!
Julie and I stopped by OLB after work and shared a flight of beers. Cheers – Brian
4) Gravely Brewing Co – this place rocks! Literally. Like a lot of others in Louisville, I was eagerly awaiting the opening. A place where great craft beer and music meld together.
Sweat Stout O’ Mine – delicious!
Me with Brewmaster Cory Buenning – you have to try all of his handy work. He’s got skills. Fantastic opening day 8-18-2017
5) The Pearl Street TapHouse – absolutely love this place! The staff is great and the beer list is amazing. The food is ‘spot-on’ as well. Thank you! (visit pearlstreettaphouse.com)
The Pearl Street Tap House co-owner, Kelly Conn and me. (not pictured, co-owner Teri Lynn Taylor)
6) Floyd County Brewing – Good beer, good food and a great staff! What else can I say?
My Brothers took me out to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Why do the good times go by so quickly? Thanks to my 4 Brothers and a couple of my best friends for a fantastic time!
My Brother Aaron hosted darts on my 50th B-Day Party. (Me prior to the games) I never won a game, but my beer mug was never empty either. Wait a minute – I won after all 🙂
A 50th Birthday gift of beers from my 4 Brothers. Seven I had never had before. Good job finding some I have not tried!
7) Falls City Brewing – opening day March 30, 2018
It was great to see Cameron again at his new home 901 E. Liberty Street in the NuLu area.
What a fantastic space they have for craft beer fans! The beers were great as expected. Cheers to the Falls City Brewery Team!!
Falls City Brewing Co. 901 E. Liberty St. Louisville KY
From left to right, Me, Cameron (Falls City Brewmaster) and my good friend Nolen. Cheers- Brian
8) The Pearl of Germantown – a quintessential dive bar.
What a fantastic place! Really cool vibe and I love all of the historical beer advertisement paraphernalia. They have a great selection of craft as well as beers your Grandfather may have drank ‘back in the day’. Cheers!
Me and Jeffrey. He gave me a bit of the history of the area and The Pearl. Germantown is chock-full of surprises.
The bar at The Pearl in Germantown
9) BBC (Bluegrass Brewing Company) at Theatre Square – opening day April 10, 2018
So the BBC has finally opened again in Theatre Square Downtown on 4th near Broadway post construction of the new Kindred building. Glad they are back! Went to lunch with a coworker (Molly) and we were the first 2 customers!! The place looks great and the kitchen did a great job. Thanks to our server, Zach for a great experience. Cheers!
BBC April 10, 2018. Opening Day.
The bar area at BBC. Nope, can’t have a beer until after working hours. You know the rules.
BBC General Manager Brad Culver stopped by our table to see how things were. And they were great, just like I knew they would be!
10) HopCat Louisville – Wow! Where do I start? Outstanding selection and great staff. Cheers!🍻
11) Check’s Cafe – A favorite of Germantown!
12) Bambi Bar – you just gotta stop in here! Great place and friendly staff. Cheer 🍻
13) Holsopple Brewing – Lyndon KY
Making outstanding beer in a fun, casual atmosphere. Cheers 🍻
14) New Wave Burrito
Absolutely fantastic food and a great craft beer selection!
15) Monnik Beer Co.
Fantastic beer! I love the atmosphere of this place. There is something for everyone on tap here and if you are a Foodie; you have found a great destination here in Schnitzelburg. Cheers to the staff!
From left to right- Brian Holton (Owner), me and Scott Hand (Head Brewer) – photo by Jay Carter
Monnik Beer Co. – 1036 E. Burnett Ave Louisville KY 40217
16) Hilltop Tavern
A great little tavern! Good craft selection and food. Cheers 🍻
The quintessential neighborhood pub.
18) BoomBozz – Highlands
Great food, excellent craft beer selection and wonderful staff. One of my favorites. Cheers
19) Bud’s Tavern – Shively, KY
This is a great local taven. Good food and friendly folks. Only a couple of macro crafts on tap, but worth a stop just for the laid back atmosphere. Cheers
20) The Tavern Old Louisville – Some great craft brew on tap, good food and comfortable place to hang out.
Julie and me ❤
21) V-Grits and False Idol Independent Brewers
I came for the beer (and it was spot on for both styles I tried), but the vegan food was amazing! It opened Oct 12, 2018 and I finally got a chance to stop by with Julie on Nov 8th to check out the new venue. The remodeling of what used to be The Monkey Wrench turned out really well. A really comfortable place with a very friendly staff. Cheers to another great spot in Louisville!
V-Grits and False Idol Independent Brewers 1025 Barret Ave, Louisville, KY 40204
False Idol – St. Hyena Sour Ale
False Idol – brew kettles
Foreground – V-Grits Hot Brown pimento cheese grits / biscuit / turkey caramelized onions / smoked gouda / coconut bacon Background – The Betty oyster mushroom fried chicken / mashed potatoes with gravy / stir fry veggies / biscuit with sweet butter
22) Kern’s Korner Tavern- just a great place to grab a cold beer and eat some classic pub food. Known for a great cheese burger and a bowl of chili, this place doesn’t disappoint.
2600 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205
23) Oscar’s Slider Bar – A great rotating craft beer selection, great food and a friendly staff. Cheers!!
Oskar’s Slider Bar – 3799 Poplar Level Rd, Louisville, KY 40213
24) Stopline Bar at Tim Faulkner Gallery – The best hidden gem in Louisville! I absolutely love this place. A stellar craft beer selection (you can get some rare ones here) and a great cocktail list. A very comfortable place to hang out and there is, of course, the art gallery to explore. Lots of wonderful local artists have their work displayed here.
25) Old Talbott Tavern – Bardstown KY